Monday, March 31, 2014

Spring Optimism

Wow. What a brutally cold and long winter it has been! With the warmer temps we've finally been getting, my disc arm has been itching something fierce. I wanna get out and throw. Still a ways off, I know, but I can see the light at the end of this winter's tunnel.

Some changes are in store for Bialy Grove this year that I'm excited about. After a year of playing on the old design, I had a few new concepts to incorporate. In the fall I began work on two new holes and will finish that up in the coming weeks. There will be a new hole 1 (starts at the cabin) and I'm hoping to have a fully integrated 18-hole design this year that isn't just playing the same holes essentially twice. It's hard to make 18 unique holes on 2.5 acres of property but I'm gonna try my best. Last year I had 10 unique holes. Already in my new design I'm up to 12 and should be able to get that number to the magic 18 with some imagination. Stay tuned for photos and maps.

I also want to host the inaugural Bialy Disc and Duck Club Disc Golf Tourney this summer. I had planned to do it last year, but the timing never worked. This year it should, since most of the course is in place and ready to go. Now it's just a matter of the snow melting so I can get to work.

Melt snow, MELT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment